CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Scholastic Books

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Building Stamina!

We are slowly adopting the Daily 5 into our classroom.   We have been working on one daily (Read to Self) for the past few weeks (okay, only one week.  We had no time last week to work on it!).  Today, after a full week off, the kiddos did AMAZING! 

They were introduced to their actual book boxes today and were able to choose where they wanted to sit.  We are still building our stamina so I wasn't expecting much today, especially since we did not build stamina last week.  The first time they only made it about 20 seconds, but the second time they read for 4 minutes! No one talked, lost concentration, nothing! I even had someone knock on the door and still no one broke their concentration.  I had all 15 kiddos deep into reading what was in their book boxes! I finally had to stop them at 4 minutes, I felt bad because they were reading during recess, so hopefully tomorrow they will do just as amazing! 

I will post pictures as soon as I can get them off of my phone (the picture is just of their finished book boxes, I was thrilled I finally got and finished them!).  My phone died on me so it is currently charging =)

No comments:

Post a Comment