CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Scholastic Books

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Read to Self

Here is our Daily 1 (Read to Self) I Chart. These are the guidlines that the students came up with. What we should be doing and how we should be acting are listed. We work on the students to become independent readers. We are up to 18 minutes! During this time once we have all of them introduced and good stamina built up I will be pulling students to work in small group with me.  For now, I am just monitoring their stamina and meeting with each student individually.  I have them read one of our paper books that we have worked on in class or have them find certain popcorn words that they are struggling with.

We also talk about 3 ways to read a book. The students always tell us they don't know how to read, so this helps them to understand that they DO know how to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment