We have been super busy the last two
and a half weeks!
Weeks 3-5
We learned colors with
Pete the Cat and his shoes!
We started Daily 5 also! The first "Daily"we introduce and work on is Read to Self. Each student has a book box filled with books (that get changed out weekly). We work on building stamina the first few weeks of learning about the dailies so that the students can work independently and at their level when we start working on the others. Once the first few dailies are in place then small group work can get started and the students do such a good job at not interrupting the work that their classmates are working on with me.
Here are the stamina builders in action!
Free exploration really is more than just play time. This little peanut asked if he could play with the pattern blocks on the carpet.....sure! Low and behold he started to "trace" the numbers with them! He went through and did the whole carpet! What a great learning tool he just found for us! I'm still wondering why I have never thought to do this?!

Pictures may become sparse soon as my due date is drawer closer and our sub won't have access to post on the blog. I'll do my best to pop in an update or two while I'm out on leave.





No comments:
Post a Comment