CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Scholastic Books

Monday, January 10, 2011

Gingerbread Science

Last week we did Gingerbread Science! Over on Babbling Abby's blog I found this super cute student sheet, however the back didn't work for my class so I revamped the back half! 

Each table got two buckets of water: one cold and one hot.  We talked about what would happen if the cookies got wet and wrote down our predictions.  We drew what our cookie looked like and then began our experiment.



Did you know that gingerbread cookies float in cold water, but sink in warm water??


We then had to write about what happened to our gingerbread man and draw what he now looks like.



The kids loved the experiement but were bummed I wouldn't let them eat a cookie afterwards.  It was 9:30 a.m.!  They were able to eat non-mushy cookie at snack time!




This is not how they went into the oven, however, it's how they came out! They must not have wanted to get eaten! 




And thank goodness for Betty Crocker =)



No comments:

Post a Comment