This week we had the story If I Could go to Antarctica from the Scott Foresman reading series. One of the amazing words is continent. I pulled down the globe dusted it off and we talked about what a continent is and where Antarctica is located.
Well, now this sparked the mind of one of my little ones. She politely, very gently raised her hand and asked in the softest voice "Mrs. Hoff, how come the continents don't move around? Like, why can't we be by Antarctica?" By now she's up and on her feet to the table the globe is on "Or how come Australia is down over there all the time?"
I of course took the opportunity to Google it and we did a little quick Google research {which is a more reliable answer then what I could have told her....My brain didn't retain that from geography class...}
Today, another question sparked her. Nothing to do with continents, Antarctica, or even anything we are talking about this week. She popped up from her mat during brain vacation and came to see me at the table. She said, again in her softest voice, "Mrs. Hoff, how come when you put your finger up and then close one eye, then open it and close the other your finger moves, even though I didn't really move my finger?" She then preceded to show me what she meant because I was a little confused. I told her to the best of my ability why this is, so I'm hoping it was somewhat accurate!




No comments:
Post a Comment